Today I am thrilled to share the work of Silk & Sixpence who specialise in luxury bridal lingerie.
Now a lady needs to feel as beautiful under her dress as she does in it so finding the right wedding underwear is extremely important to feel at your best on your most special of days.
I hand over to Joy McClean to tell you all about her blossoming brand…
Who are you, and what do you do?
“My name is Joy and I’m the face behind Silk & Sixpence, a luxury bridal lingerie service based in Scotland.”
“We deliver premium lingerie to brides, through a customised and refined experience with guidance from a friendly fitting consultant.”
“We do our fittings in beautiful luxury venues and work with a handpicked selection of award-winning British independent brands that can’t be found on the Scottish high street.”
When and why did you start your Company?
“After seeing the trouble many friends had finding stunning, well-fitted and flattering bridal lingerie and having personal experience of how bad bra fittings can affect confidence (especially if you are not ‘the norm’ – I am not exactly the most busty of ladies!) I conducted extensive research into the British wedding and lingerie markets.”
“I concluded there was a gap in the market and felt I could give brides to be the experience they deserve.”
“I learnt there was far superior lingerie out there than most people usually see on the high street and I knew that I could make lingerie shopping (and especially going for a bra fitting) a much more enjoyable experience, in fact a treat.”
“Silk & Sixpence launched in January of this year.”
What advice would you give brides regarding their wedding lingerie?
* Make sure you plan ahead because wedding and honeymoon lingerie is often a last minute thought
* Inappropriate and ill-fitting lingerie can spoil even the most fabulous dress
* Take a nude coloured strapless bra and nude seamless knickers with you when trying on wedding dresses
* Once you’ve picked your dress, speak to the wedding dress boutique about whether you need a bra at all or could consider other options like having cups sewn into your dress
* If you need a bra under your dress, get fitted properly for one
* Consider any shapewear you may require and keep in mind, that shapewear can be altered by a seamstress too – for example, the back could be lowered to fit your style of dress
* Make sure the lingerie you choose to wear on your wedding day is comfortable; after all you’re probably going to be in it for around 12 hours.
You don’t want to be fiddling with it throughout the day!
* Check your bridesmaids have considered the lingerie for under their dresses too
* Consider your photos on your wedding morning – you don’t want to be in those old monkey pyjamas in your ‘getting ready’ photos!
Do you want to match with your bridesmaids or your mum and get the same pyjamas or gowns?
* Treat yourself to beautiful lingerie that makes you feel gorgeous on your wedding night and honeymoon.
Don’t just buy it for him, make sure you love it. If you feel good, you’ll look good.
What inspires you?
“Making women feel better about themselves and being part, even if only small, of someone’s special day.”
“Also, a lot of the other parts of the wedding are visible to everyone involved in the big day and are mostly for the guests…lingerie is something special just for the bride and groom.”
Do trends influence your work?
“Yes, but they don’t define it. I like to be aware of what’s ‘on trend’ and stock seasonal pieces that are in fashion at the time, but I also think it’s very important to stick to what I like and fits well with my brand.”
“Not all fashions, whether in photography or lingerie or branding for example, are suitable for Silk & Sixpence.”
“Fashions come and go but some things are timeless.”
“It’s key that Silk & Sixpence meets each client’s individual tastes and tailors the service to them – everything from sending out personlised invites to bridesmaids, to providing the bride’s favourite tipple at the fitting, to enabling brides to design their own lace for a set of lingerie.”
What is your greatest achievement?
“I firmly believe my greatest achievements, both in my work and personal life, are yet to come.”
“I’m well known for my endless planning and love of lists (which annoys my other half intensely) and I have goals for every area of my life – categorised in days, weeks, months, years, decades…of course!”
What do you see as the future of your Company?
“I want to become well known in the Scottish wedding industry as THE go to person for exquisite bridal lingerie and excellent service. I hope to grow the business throughout the UK.”
Thank you so much to Joy for sharing an insight into her work and the incredible bridal lingerie she specialises in.
Its lovely as a Bride to have the whole experience, and as well as finding the Dress that makes you feel like a million dollars, finding beautiful under garments is very important too.
Joy hopes to make finding beautiful bridal lingerie a wonderful experience too.
To contact Silk & Sixpence
Website : http://www.silkandsixpence.com
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 07834920024
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/silkandsixpence
Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/silkandsixpence
Instagram : http://www.instagram.com/silkandsixpence